Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Review
- Echo Dot is our most popular voice-controlled speaker, now with improved sound and a new design compared to the previous-generation Echo Dot.
- Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, TuneIn and others through the improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- Call or message anyone with an Echo device, the Alexa App or Skype hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills such as tracking fitness, playing games and more.
- With 4 far-field microphones, Alexa hears you from across the room. And with compatible Echo devices in different rooms, you can fill your whole home with music.
- You can also connect to your own speakers over Bluetooth or with a 3.5 mm audio cable.
- Use your voice to turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, find TV shows, and more with compatible connected devices.
Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Review
Meet the all new Echo Dot
Our most popular Echo is now even better. With a new speaker and design, Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Alexa that’s perfect for any room. Just ask for music, news, information and more. You can also call anyone with an Echo device, the Alexa App or Skype, and control compatible smart home devices with your voice.
“alexa, play popular songs”
Use your voice to play a song, artist or genre through Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, TuneIn and others. With compatible Echo devices in different rooms, you can fill your whole home with music. Also listen to Audible and radio stations, or pair with Fire TV to voice-control films and entertainment.
Always available to help
Make your life easier at home. Use your voice to set timers, add items to lists, or create calendar events and reminders. You can also check the news, weather or traffic, or ask for sports scores, cinema listings, restaurant hours or information.
Voice control your smart home
Switch on the lamp before getting out of bed or dim the lights from the sofa to watch a film—all without lifting a finger. Control multiple devices with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights at night.
Connect with others
Call anyone with an Echo device, the Alexa App or Skype hands-free using your voice. Plus, now with Skype calling stay in touch with loved ones in over 150 countries
Alexa has tens of thousands of skills and counting. Skills are like apps and help you do more, such as playing True or False, tracking your fitness with Fitbit or falling asleep to rain sounds. Create your own personal skills and custom responses with Alexa Skill Blueprints. Just say “Alexa, help me get started with skills”.
New skills are being added all the time. Discover skills in the Skills section of the Alexa App or visit the Skills Store.
Our Latest Articles
- Intel Core i9-9900K Graphics Review
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Nintendo Switch) Preview
- WD My Passport 3TB Portable Hard Drive Review
- PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini Preview
- Echo Show 5 Compact smart display Review